Carrying on from Vinaire’s Subject Clearing Course – Step One, Step Two is to compile a WORD list for my first selected subject which is The Human Condition.
The Key Word List proposed is: HUMAN, CONDITION, HUMAN CONDITION, BODY, MIND, SPIRIT, DEATH..
1. HUMAN: Previously, as already mentioned in my Seventh Post by the author Hannah Arendt in her book The Human Condition, the first word HUMAN and what it means to be Human can be separated into two parts. The vita activa (active life) and the vita contemplativa (contemplative life). A Human being is both active in body and mind and is made up of many parts with up to 60% of the Human adult body comprising of WATER. They can be either MALE or FEMALE or (nowadays) a non-specific TRANSGENDER person. A Human has CONCIOUSNESS of both himself and the WORLD around him as well as an UNCONCIOUS MIND that seems to work on a sort of AUTOPILOT somewhere in the background. The main driving force in all Human life appears to be SURVIVAL. Either for himself or for future generations. Suffice to say, there are all kinds of PERSONALITIES that can be found within a Human. Some GOOD and some BAD. I would put myself in the GOOD category although I have been known to be BAD at times.
2. CONDITION: Definition – The state of something with regard to its appearance, quality, or working order. “the wiring is in good condition”. If I look at CONDITION from my own point of view, I would say that I have been in tiptop CONDITION in my YOUTH (adventurous, athletic, inquisitive, curious, studious, having a positive attitude, friendly but also rather shy which tended to hold me back in Human relationships) interspersed with moments of setbacks in both my personal and family life. (EG: Injuries, Unachieved ambitions, Family members’ problems). Fast forward to the present day and I would say that my BODILY CONDITION in both activity and appearance has deteriorated drastically from the beginning of January 2021 although the seeds of my discontent may well have been planted long before then. Whether that be months or years in the past, I’m only now beginning to understand. OUTLOOK – I’d like to improve my BODY CONDITION. My MIND remains POSITIVE.
3. HUMAN CONDITION – As previously addressed in my SEVENTH POST HERE… https://georgegawronska.wordpress.com/2021/06/06/seventh-post-human-condition/
4. BODY: Definition – The physical structure, including the bones, flesh, and organs, of a person or an animal. “it’s important to keep your body in good condition”. From my own point of view, I’ve had a good body, it has served me well in the past and has been productive over the years. I’ve had some injuries and illnesses over time but nothing that was life threatening. Today, I do have a life-threatening illness. Small Cell Cancer of the oesophagus which is quite rare in that part of the body. The root cause is unknown to medical science according to several case studies available online. However my own suspicions is that the tumour is possibly connected to an accident/fall I had in August 2020, combined with a poor diet, the environment, my lifestyle and overwork.
5. MIND – Definition – The element of a person that enables them to be aware of the world and their experiences, to think, and to feel; the faculty of consciousness and thought. “a lot of thoughts ran through my mind”. In my on MIND, I think a lot. The obvious things would be, HEALTH, SEX, MONEY, POSESSIONS, ENTERTAINMENT, ACTIVITY, HOBBIES, FOOD, DRINK, FRIENDS, NEIGHBOURS, RELATIONSHIPS, NATIONALITIES, RELIGIONS, PETS, ANIMALS, INSECTS, CREATURES, LIFE, THE PLANETS, THE SOLAR SYSTEM, THE UNIVERSE, THE BEGINNINGS OF LIFE ITSELF FROM THE BIG BANG.
6. SPIRIT – Definition – The non-physical part of a person which is the seat of emotions and character; the soul. “we seek a harmony between body and spirit”. This is a part of me that I have never sought or began to investigate. Since my younger days, I have never believed in a conventional GOD. The CHURCH did not play a big part in my PROTESTANT upbringing. My FATHER was raised ROMAN CATHOLIC, my MOTHER was of GERMAN extraction, born illegitimate, her mother was a member of the Evangelical Lutheran Church in Prussia. When my mother and father wanted to get married, the priest refused to consent to a Catholic wedding on the grounds of my mother being born with an unknown father. Apparently as far as I am led to believe, those offspring from a BASTARD son or daughter are doomed for seven generations according to some ancient text in the BIBLE.
7. DEATH – Definition – The action or fact of dying or being killed; the end of the life of a person or organism. “he had been depressed since the death of his father”. I’ve thought about DEATH but not very often. To be honest, I never thought that I would live forever. I considered living out my life in the allotted three score years and ten as it says in the BIBLE, Psalm 90:10, then maybe a little bit more. In my youth, perhaps around the age of seventeen years old, I did consider taking my own life by means of a prescription drugs overdose, somewhere out in the wilds. I put it down to unclear thinking, misspent youth, emotional distress brought on from a previous injury and a family disagreement. My oldest brother Gerald died when he was twelve years old, he suffered from Asthma (I was five years old at the time and still remember the incident). Both my parents died in their old age. I was unaffected emotionally by their deaths. In recent years, some of my other relatives have died, uncles, aunties and one cousin in Australia. I never met my grandparents. My father’s parents died before I was born and my mother’s mother Maria Gawronska was trapped in Eastern Germany behind the IRON CURTAIN. I think Maria died in the 1970s. As previously mentioned, my mother’s father is of an unknown entity but is probably of either Polish, Prussian, Russian or German extraction. END